Tuesday 19 March 2013

Graphology


I am going to research graphology and the way that graphologists study handwriting. I need to explore this to give the pop-up style exhibition more context. It will be about the signature of a persons handwriting, or a Victorians handwriting. How you determine a persons handwriting, or each person. What characterises Queen Victoria’s handwriting to that of Charles Darwin.

I need a small biographic statement on each of the Victorian writings. I also need to come up with a title for the exhibition. The exhibition will be about how the writings are formed.

The signature of a person
Living by a script
The language of script
The language of writing
Living by the hand
The script of life
The writing of life
Living life by the letter
The life of Victorians, one letter at a time


I really like Living by the script. This is the new name for my pop up style exhibition.

Graphology Research-

It has been really interesting to research extensively graphology. I have used sources of research from the internet and from books. I was surprised to see how extensively you can analyse a person from their handwriting and just how much you can learn of a person by doing this. I have been documenting everything that I have learnt about handwriting analysis but the information got really confusing and messy. Therefore I have made an indesign document to break down the information into more managable sections that I can then use to relate to my Victorian handwriting.








Now that I have all of this information, I need to conduct some research into info-graphics. I want to analyse the victorian handwritings with this graphology information and then I want to display the information in a really visually interesting way that captures peoples imagination. 















No comments:

Post a Comment