Saturday 16 February 2013

Victorian writings book- people to include



I want to have a look at writings from famous Victorians. So far, I have presumed that all Victorian writers used to write elegantly. However, naturally, This is not going to be the complete case. I imagine that their handwriting took on a unique form as ours does today.
I am going to look at the handwriting of really interesting famous Victorians. I imagine that Queen Victoria would have extremely elegant and ornate handwriting whereas the handwriting of the infamous Jack the Ripper would be more of a scrawl. Ultimately, it would be fun to produce a publication that explores how to write like a Victorian. I could include details such as equipment that you need, the ink and the type of pen etc. For somebody like Jack the Ripper, this information could be really fun. For instance, the equipment needed could list things like 1 pint of blood etc. I need to deeply analyse the writing style of the Victorians that I choose to study to do this convincingly.


People to include in the 'how to write like a victorian' book-

Jack the Ripper


specific points to make in the book-

Before the detail of actual writing-

How to write like a Victorian
How the Victorians used to write
What tools they used to use for writing
How they developed as writers

For the actual writing part-

Transcription of each piece of writing
What the piece of writing should be written in (ink, wine, blood etc)
Contents page?





No comments:

Post a Comment